Respect is the collective responsibility of everyone involved in football, at all levels, to create a fair, safe and enjoyable environment in which the game can take place. It is the behavioural code for football. Respect is a continuous FA programme, not a one-off initiative. What do we want to achieve with Respect?
- There will be a base of registered referees in England sufficient for the demands of the game at every level.
- There will be zero tolerance for assaults on referees.
- There will be an improvement in on-field player discipline, particularly in the area of dissent to referees and in competitions that have an established record of poor discipline.
- There will be a ‘step change‘ in youth football on what is acceptable and unacceptable behaviour from parents and spectators.
- We will work with coaches to create an enjoyable learning environment for children’s football.